Tuesday 29 January 2013

Listening #4: Tracks Jan '13

As I haven't bought many albums so far this year (not many out yet), I thought instead I'd post some videos of my favourite songs thus far. Admittedly fairly heavily influenced by BBC 6 Music.

Temples ~ Shelter Song. From what I can gather this is the bands first single that was released at the end of 2012, but I only just heard it in January.


I Am Kloot ~ These Days Are Mine. IAK are a band I've known of for a long time but never really listened to but this song has been lodged in my head for virtually the whole month.


Nick Cave ~ We no who u r.
 
 
David Bowie - Where Are We Now. Opinion seems to be divided on Bowie's new track, but I really like it.
 

Suede ~ Barriers. In a month of comebacks I wasn't sure about this song at first but it's really grown on me, anthemic like a true Suede song of old.


Eels ~ Peach Blossoms. Only E could write a stomper about smelling the flowers.


Foals ~ My Number. Foals have been around for a few years now, yet for some unfathomable reason I hadn't got into them, but Inhaler & now My Number have caught my attention.

 
This post should be ending with Pulp's James Murphy produced After You, an absolute funk fueled dancefloor filler but all the video's on YouTube have been taken down. Instead I'll leave you with an old song I've only recently heard. Gang Starr's Jazz Thing...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment